Saturday, March 12, 2011

On a More Serious Note

Hello all!  I know, I didn't write anything yesterday.  I guess I was overwhelmed by everything that has been going on in Japan.  The devastation is unbelievable.  Nature sure can throw a monkey wrench into the best laid plans of men...  It makes you remember that you never know what can happen at any time.  The whole thing brought back memories for me of 9/11/01.  When I first saw the devastation, I could feel the hair standing up on the back of my neck.  I couldn't help but watch the videos of the destruction.  Sometimes I wonder if it would be better for us not to have quite so much media coverage.  The early warnings are awesome, but the trauma caused by the sensationalism...  I could feel the loss of hundreds, if not thousands, of human lives.  All night last night I worried about the nuclear plant, knowing that it was probably an eventuality that it would explode.  Additional devastation caused by man, added to the devastation caused by nature.  It really can be amazing how fragile we are.  We build homes, and businesses, and awesome technological "things," and nature puts us back in our place in one quick moment.  A sad way to "right size" us.  My heart goes out to all the people affected by the earthquake, tsunami, and explosion.  Of course, I worry about my friends in Japan, and I pray for all Japanese people around the world, as well as others that were in Japan and their families.  God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment