Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MAVA

Well, I have to say that my frustration level has decreased regarding the expectations Regan's school, MAVA, has for her.  (For those of you who don't know already, MAVA stands for MAssachusetts Virtual Academy.)  I have been listening to them say you don't have to do everything, but the assessments require mastery and the assessments are mandatory.  We have been attempting to complete 4th grade by April 1 so they will send the curriculum for 5th grade.  That way we have materials to work with in the summer.  Anyway, it has been difficult, until I realized I can work with what Regan already knows, and skip around.  It has been difficult to reconcile homeschooling with this style of schooling at home, but I believe we... well, I... have finally gotten the hang of it.  Any questions about homeschooling or MAVA, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment